I like plants too

I like plants too

Postby Jimmy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:02 pm

For those who remember my attempt to get some laws passed regarding French roofs, it's done. It ran into another group that was already trying to make it mandatory to put plants on roofs, so they sort of mashed the ideas together. In the final form, it only applies to new construction, and they dropped out the windmills, and added plants as an option, but I'm all right with that. The news should be released soon.
"There are people who will avoid anything eatable, drinkable, or smoke-able that has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." -- Mark Twain
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Re: I like plants too

Postby Jesse » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:51 pm

I saw that! Congrats!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Phil » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 am

Nice work, Jimmy.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Alexander » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

Not bad at all! Let's see these standards spread to other countries next. There was a time when I thought of solar power and othe renewables as being a sort of fantasy-land due to the high up-front cost and the low efficiency. But but those things have changed so substantially in recent years I think there is no excuse for not deploying panels and farms more widely. Of course we still need fusion because, well, nighttime....
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jesse » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 am

...actually, Musk was easy to nudge (indirectly) a couple of years ago in the direction of batteries for the home, combining his Solar City work with his battery work on the Tesla. I think I mentioned it a while back. Fusion's still at least a decade off from mass-production, at least the stuff Waterford was pushing for.

See also: here and here
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Return to Completed