This meddle just keeps on giving

This meddle just keeps on giving

Postby Jesse » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Man, my meddling way back with this guy keeps paying the dividends! Influential (now), both financially and in the circles he moves in, he really only needed to be pointed in the right direction and be provided with enough groundwork to back him up and to run with. This is just the latest in a long stream of moves he's been making over the years to improve and stabilize the American economy by helping to fundamentally improve the lives of those who are at the lowest end.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/the-pitchforks-are-coming-for-us-plutocrats-108014.html

If you've been following his work over the years, or if you are careful to notice certain bits in this article, you'll be aware that he was the one that originally made the huge (and highly unpopular at the time; I think Forbes prominently called him "insane" for it) shove to start the ball rolling on the $15/hr minimum wage thing. Which he pretty much came up with. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say he's coming close to doing some of his own meddling with his audience with that article.

Man, sometimes I'm reaaaaaaaaally good. (:

Seed, as usual, for those interested in my background on him (and also some on this topic as well): Eiffel Tower-like radio tower with red blinking light on top, gold coin room.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Re: This meddle just keeps on giving

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Nice work, Jess.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jesse » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Interesting follow-up on this: It's coming. Within the next few years, most major cities should start falling into line with this, as more and more evidence supports that it actually helps the job market and the economy, and once it reaches critical momentum (still probably at least 5 years out) we should start seeing bills at both the state and federal congressional levels. There are already a few initial trials that have been going since January 2014, such as SeaTac, home of the SEA international airport - see also here. Additionally, nearby Seattle starts phasing it in this April, though McDonald's is suing - I'm working on that; see the $1 bill sitting next to the radio tower for the seed with the relevant people and their switches.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Alexander » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm

A few more hundred percent increase and it might be possible to work a minimum wage job with dignity for 40 hours a week. Not that this is possible in most other countries, of course. But it certainly is nice work to get even this much done in the US.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Phil » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:45 pm

This is sweet. It's nice to have a success, every once in a while.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Return to Completed