Irina

We all have to die sometime, right?

Re: Irina

Postby Ren » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Maybe I'm too new to this whole Dying Isn't Really the End Thing to be all cool and casual with bringing back someone who tried to kill me, but yeah, sure. What the hell. I'd like a word with her anyway. And thank you Jimmy -- again.
Ren
Dreamer
Dreamer

Postby Sally » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Okay, booking a flight to Tampa/St. Pete. Probably be a couple of weeks in order to find a cheap flight.
"History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; art has remembered the people, because they created." --William Morris
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 pm

A check is on the way. Should cover 1st class travel. What's the point of having money if I can't blow it on worthwhile causes?
"There are people who will avoid anything eatable, drinkable, or smoke-able that has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." -- Mark Twain
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Postby Sally » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:40 pm

We've gotten a yes from Catherine. I'll be spiking her tomorrow afternoon.
"History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; art has remembered the people, because they created." --William Morris
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Sally » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Done. Seeded. The ritual is the uneven parallel bars in my gym.
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby JWaterford » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Welcome, Catherine! Welcome back, Irina!
What is now Proved, was once only Imagin'd.
JWaterford
Activist
Activist

Postby Alexander » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:40 pm

As a famous spy once said, incorrectly as it turns out:

Живешь только дважды: один раз, как только вы родились. И как только вы поселились, смотреть смерти в лицо.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 am

Well, "next life" has, of course, many meanings; I don't think he had this one in mind. :-)
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Sally » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 am

As I'm sure you already know if you've grazed the ritual, it went well.

It is still unclear whether Catherine or Irina will come out on top, but if it's Catherine, she'll be good: she's been to her Garden, she seeded the ritual from her viewpoint (an electron microscope in her basement "dream lab"), and has been getting caught up on our history. Irina has been mixing into her about as you'd expect, and they've been going back and forth. One interesting thing: Catherine was always Catherine, or, to those who knew her well, Cat. Yesterday, in the course of another conversation, she said, "Oh, I don't care. Catherine, Cat, Katy, Cathy, whatever. Life's too short, even when it isn't." My point is, she was emphatically Catherine at that moment, not Irina, and this was a noteworthy change in her character. I don't know what it means, if anything, but, as I said, it's interesting.
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Sally » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 am

If there is anyone with some experience in dealing with long-term integration (or, rather non-integration) please email me. I'm thinking Ethan/Qing, but I know he/they are dealing with a crisis in Los Angeles right now.
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Ethan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey, I can at least find time to email.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Ethan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:13 pm

And if it would help, I can fly out now.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Previous

Return to Stubs