Matsu

We all have to die sometime, right?

Matsu

Postby Phil » Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 pm

As most of you know by now, Takamatsu isn't going to be back. We'll be putting in pointers to the various seeds that describe what happened, but for now, I just want to say that I've known him since the early 20th Century, and considered him a good friend. He's saved my life on at least three occasions I can think of, and I'm not the only one of us who can say that. He was one of us in a way few of us are: his entire life revolved around the group and the work to the point where he had almost no life outside of it. He was steady, dependable, and had a core of warmth and kindness that almost never emerged. We've had his dust ritual, but I'm inclined, in his case, to have another, with more of us able to attend, and to introduce Daniel to him. I know this isn't tradition, but I'm sort of caring less and less about tradition as time goes on.

I'll keep you informed. Meanwhile, farewell, Matt. It was an honor to have known you.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Re: Matsu

Postby Jesse » Mon May 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Seconded.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby JWaterford » Mon May 05, 2014 10:17 pm

As an Englishman (originally) and a Jew (for the last century), I should know from traditions. But they ought to serve us, and not us them (as I have argued elsewhere).

Sounds good to me. I missed the first one anyway, and I'd love to get a better look at Matsu's life.
What is now Proved, was once only Imagin'd.
JWaterford
Activist
Activist

Postby Ethan » Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 pm

I've been browsing. Wow.

I'm really upset that I can't tell him what an audacious, ballsy, incredibly *stupid* stunt that was. No offense, Phil, I like having you around, too.

Is there a precedent for this?
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Phil » Tue May 06, 2014 12:27 am

Jimmy tells me there are a few precedents. It hasn't happened often.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Return to Stubs