Phil

We all have to die sometime, right?

Phil

Postby Jimmy » Fri May 02, 2014 7:50 pm

I've just gotten word that Phil went into stub at 5:41 PM local time in Tucson. I want to remind everyone, first of all, that this is the first time Ren has had a lover stubbed--we may all believe that Phil will be back, but it's bound to hit her much harder. I'll be getting to Tucson as fast as I can, and I'm told Ramon is on the way as well. If anyone is in touch with Irina, please let her know. Everyone else should stay put for now. We need to start looking for a new Second as soon as possible, and also determine if the shooting was in any way related to meddlework. I'm guessing we'll want to hold the dust ritual for Chuck as soon as possible, probably within the next 48 hours.
"There are people who will avoid anything eatable, drinkable, or smoke-able that has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." -- Mark Twain
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Re: Phil

Postby Ryan » Fri May 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Well, shit. I'll be watching the boards.
Ryan W. "Billy" Anderson
Future Geologist. I'm sure of it.
Ryan
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Sally » Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Woah. Well, that's unexpected. I'll keep Ren in my thoughts and try to keep an eye on the boards.
"History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; art has remembered the people, because they created." --William Morris
Sally
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Matsu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Please forgive me for being vague. It isn't security, it's that I don't understand what I'm looking at. I spent the last hour at work in my Garden, and then another hour after I came home, and there's something going on that I do not understand. All I can tell you right now is that I'm getting indications that finding a recruit for Phil's stub is a great deal more urgent than it should be. I'm going to be digging around more, trying to understand why. In the meantime, though, I thought I should at least let you know. Best of luck, and I'll be there if you need me, or if I see a strong indication that my presence can help.
Matsu
Complainer
Complainer

Postby skyler » Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 pm

I don't know what to say. Do we have any idea what happened? Who might have done it? Is it related to the book? Is Ren in danger too? Please pass along information as you get it. For not having known him long, I feel like I knew him very well and I can't imagine us without him, even knowing we'll get him back. I'll write Ren separately. Jesus. What a thing.
skyler
Dreamer
Dreamer

Postby JWaterford » Fri May 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Jimmy, what the hell? You can't just say "the shooting" and leave it at that. I presume Ren is safe, at least?
What is now Proved, was once only Imagin'd.
JWaterford
Activist
Activist

Postby Jimmy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Sorry, there isn't much more I know. Oskar is there by now, but hasn't been in touch. I assume he's with Ren.
"There are people who will avoid anything eatable, drinkable, or smoke-able that has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." -- Mark Twain
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Postby Ethan » Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Well, shit.

... I can't decide if Qing would be mad at me or proud, my first instinct was to say we could always use the paper fan if we didn't think he'd come out on top.

As if I wasn't proof enough that it's not infallible.

If there's anything I can do, for Ren or Phil or anyone, let me know.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Postby Alexander » Fri May 02, 2014 11:56 pm

So I wake up to this? If my expertise can be of service of course it is available.

By the way, if circumstances are at all muddy, and it is even possible that something more than a personal situation or random crime was at work here, I recommend discretion online until there is no longer any question of potentially aiding the culprit, who may have larger goals than this particular stubbing. The reasons for this should be obvious even if our external network security concerns are no longer relevant.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jimmy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 pm

I'm on my way to the US. Oskar is there and apparently Irina as well. Alexander, I think you're right. We'll try to keep things here general, and put details into seeds.
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Postby Jesse » Sat May 03, 2014 12:03 am

Any support you guys need, just ask. I'll make myself available; the only critical thing I had going just finished, and I come back to this. Everything else can be bumped.

Phil. God. Didn't see that one coming.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby JWaterford » Sat May 03, 2014 12:19 am

What the hell is going on with Salt, anyway? This is four deaths in three years, and three of them under highly untoward circumstances. Jimmy, Oskar, are you sure it's a good idea for you to be in the same place?
What is now Proved, was once only Imagin'd.
JWaterford
Activist
Activist

Postby Jimmy » Sat May 03, 2014 12:28 am

John: That's something I hadn't considered. Good catch. I'm going to drop an email to Matsu and see if he can identify any sort of pattern.
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Postby Matsu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am

I'm already looking, still trying to make sense of a pattern I can feel but not see, if that makes any sense. I'll be working late tonight, but I can take some time to look into this.
Matsu
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Kate » Sat May 03, 2014 1:12 am

Hi folks--long time no see, and I wish it could be in better circumstances. I've at least got a bit of potentially good news; I've found a potential recruit for Phil's stub. More info will come as I get it--haven't had time to seed a full report yet (late night, long story), but the outline is in the needlepoint Ace of Spades in the entry hall.
Kate
Complainer
Complainer

Postby Oskar » Sat May 03, 2014 1:25 am

Damn, Kate. That was fast. He's been in stub for less than 8 hours and you and Irina both have recruits?

Right now, Irina is in town, and I'm at Phil and Ren's with Ren and their friend Jane. Things are complicated, but the short version is that Phil, on his own and without so much as a whisper to us, decided he could overturn SB 1070. He must have gotten close enough to something somewhere, because he was executed on a public street in south Tucson. Three .9 bullets in the back. I was with him, in the Garden, when he died, which is the only way I learned any of this, and I didn't get enough. We're looking into it.

There's also something going on with Irina, but I don't know what. I've seeded pretty much everything, and put it as a piece of black crepe hanging from the front door of #19 R de St. Antoine.

More details as I get them. For now, Jimmy and Ramon are on the way here, Ren is sleeping and I need to do the same.
"Victory always casts a new light on the defeats that led up to it." -- Trotsky
Oskar
Activist
Activist

Postby Kate » Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 pm

There are times when I can make insomnia work to my advantage--and I like Phil. I have to admit that the Homewrecker helped some, too. I'm hoping to get a chance to interview the candidate this afternoon, and I'll seed it when I get home.

That's... dang. I don't know what to say, but "scary" is the first thing that leaps to mind so I'll go with it. Stay safe down there, everybody.
Kate
Complainer
Complainer

Next

Return to Stubs