New Year

Personal stuff, chatter, arguments that don't fit anywhere else.

New Year

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Another New Year. Sometimes I spend New Year's Eve doing random grazes on past New Years. It's a perspective thing. I might do a little of that tonight, but mostly Ren and I plan to just hang around the house and drink a little. In any case, we wish you all the very best, and we hope 2014 will be a little better.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Re: New Year

Postby Jesse » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:58 pm

I tend to do my version of that on New Year's Day, sort of a "settle in for the year". Mine also includes some stream-of-consciousness grazing, to give me some grounding for moving forward on new projects.

To all of you on the Eastern side of the Atlantic, Happy New Year! And a preemptive one to those of us here on the Western side of it. This last year hasn't been too bad, I think. We've made some pretty good progress, all things considered. I'll be raising a glass of bubbly and toasting our little club tonight; I hope you'll all join me in doing the same.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Postby Alexander » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 pm

A little bit better is a worthy toast at all times and in all seasons.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Oskar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:58 pm

In his diary on December 31, 1916, Trotsky, then in exile in New York, wrote, "Farewell to 1916. What will 1917 bring?"

A toast to you all.
"Victory always casts a new light on the defeats that led up to it." -- Trotsky
Oskar
Activist
Activist

Return to Personal