Scotland.

What meddlework should we be doing?

Scotland.

Postby Ethan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Do we have anyone on the ground who can get some more data on whether the vote going the way it did is a promising sign of unity over pride, or a saddening lack of confidence and free spirit? Just curious.
Ethan
Activist
Activist

Re: Scotland.

Postby Alexander » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Funnily enough, Roman has been spending some time in Glasgow reporting on the campaign, so I've gotten to hear a little of his feelings on what was going on over there. His impression was that both choices were bad. The joyous opportunity to say "fuck you" to a Westminster that hasn't cared for generations about the people was offset by the retrogressive malice of the SNP and the way the money interests in London made it clear that the Scots would be punished severely for a Yes vote. In the absence of an honest political party of the left supporting either side, the majority of the population evidently preferred not to base a vote purely on ressentiment. Still, you have to give both the Scots and the Brits some credit for staging the vote at all. Most other countries wouldn't even consider permitting such a thing unless the outcome was preordained and skewed 99:1 to the proper side.
"Fascism is not in itself a new order of society. It is the future refusing to be born." -- Aneurin Bevan
Alexander
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 am

The level of voter turnout is significant. I have no idea what it is significant of, but it is certainly significant.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Postby Jesse » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Given the numbers involved in both sides, I'd say that they indicate that it was a complex and polarizing issue.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.
Jesse
Muse
Muse

Return to Proposals