Teaching Math

Teaching Math

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:17 am

Just had my attention drawn to this: http://www.sfgate.com/education/article ... 125879.php

Looks like a win. Well done, John. I still remember the arguments when you came up with this--what was it, ten years ago? Fifteen? Anyway, seems like you were right, and you did some good work with it.
"Your job as a good player isn't to win money, it's to make good decisions." -- Mike Caro
Phil
Catalyst
Catalyst

Re: Teaching Math

Postby JWaterford » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm

I missed that! Well, that is a much-appreciated ray of sunshine in what has been a pretty dismal couple of months. (Sandra's had a series of R01 and other grant applications go down in flames and she's going to have to start shooing postdocs out the door as fast as they can find jobs. It's been, well, dismal.)
What is now Proved, was once only Imagin'd.
JWaterford
Activist
Activist

Re: Teaching Math

Postby Jimmy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Sorry to hear that, John; hope it turns around. And I agree with Phil: good work.
"There are people who will avoid anything eatable, drinkable, or smoke-able that has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." -- Mark Twain
Jimmy
Activist
Activist

Return to Completed